Here are some of the most common early symptoms of head and neck cancers. All these symptoms may also be caused by conditions other than cancer.
- An ulcer in the mouth that doesn’t heal within a few weeks.
- Difficulty in swallowing, or pain when chewing or swallowing.
- A hoarse voice or trouble speaking.
- Persistent noisy breathing.
- A constant sore throat.
- An ear ache affecting one side.
- A swelling or lump in the mouth or neck.
- A numb feeling in the mouth or on the lips.
- An unexplained loose tooth.
- A persistent blocked nose.
- Recurrent nosebleeds.
- Ringing in the ear or difficulty hearing.
Remember, the earlier a cancer is found the more likely it is that the treatment will be successful.
Any of the symptoms then contact your Doctor and take advise, it takes 45 seconds to get checked out!
© 2018 Copyright The Swallows – Head and Neck Cancer Support Group.
Registered Charity No. 1149794